Starting from a humble beginning with manufacturing Speed Recorders for Indian Railways, Medha has grown to become the only Indian company that can conceive and develop sophisticated products that command our customer's admiration every day. Today, Medha's innovative and high quality products and services are well recognised in the industry. Our milestones take you through history, showing you how we expanded our product range and grew over the past 25 years.
It's a well acknowledged fact in the industry that Medha takes on every challenge as an opportunity to make a mark on history. These milestones are stepping stones on the path of Medha's vision of becoming a World Leader in Railway Products.
- 1000th MAS696 Unit (AC-AC Traction system for Diesel locomotives) dispatched to DLW, Varanasi for installation in HHP Locomotive.
- Medha’s Electronic Interlocking system (MEI 633) has successfully been commissioned in 200 stations in Indian Railways and are in working continuously. First station was commissioned in year 2011.
- 100th MEC 628 (Electric Locomotive propulsion system) unit dispatched to CLW.
- Medha received order valued at Rs. 726.29 crores (approximately USD 113 million) for supplying propulsion systems for 128 Motor Coaches of EMU trains and 24 Motor Coaches of MEMU (mainline EMU trains) to Integral Coach Factory (ICF, Indian Railways).
- First Mumbai EMU with Medha’s propulsion system supplied in 2015 is put into service after extensive testing and field trails. The Honorable Railway Minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu has flagged off the train on this occasion.
- First AC-AC traction retrofit outside India was done on Diesel locomotives in Sri Lanka and trials completed successfully on two locomotives.
- Complete propulsion system for Kolkata Metro train supplied to Integral Coach Factory (ICF, Indian Railways) and after successful installation and commissioning at ICF this first Metro train with Medha propulsion system is undergoing testing in Kolkata Metro.
- Medha signs MoU with Telangana state government for setting up a Rail Coach Factory in suburbs of Hyderabad.
- Medha received order valued at Rs. 570.97 crores (approximately USD 88.84 million) for supplying propulsion systems for 148 Motor Coaches of EMU trains to Integral Coach Factory (ICF, Indian Railways).
- Medha Servo Drives Pvt. Ltd. got IRIS certification in first attempt with 70% score. International Railways Industry Standard (IRIS) is railway specific Quality Management System based on ISO 9001.
- Medha Servo Drives Pvt. Ltd. has got One Star Export House recognition by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- First AC EMU complete propulsion system installation done at Integral Coach Factory (ICF, Indian Railways) and field trials started in Mumbai suburban railways.
- Development of world's first CRDI system for ALCo diesel engines for Locomotives
- Development of 500kVA Hotel Load converter (MCN504) for Electric locomotives
- Medha installs 500th AC AC traction control system (MAS696) designed for HHP diesel locomotives
- Medha fits 50th Auxiliary Power Unit for ALCo Diesel Locomotives
- Medha supplies first APU for HHP diesel locomotive
- Medha exports its Microprocessor based Locomotive Control System to Tanzania
- Medha produces 2500th Microprocessor based Locomotive Control System (MEP660)
- Commissioned Electronic Interlocking System (MEI633) in 25th station (Dudhnai)
- Medha installs 25th Auxiliary Power Unit for ALCo Diesel Locomotive
- Medha fits Locomotive Remote Monitoring System on 1000th Locomotive
- Medha exports its Microcontroller based Governor to Malaysia
- First Export loco from DLW (Indian Railways) fitted with MEP660 and MEG601 to Bangladesh
- Medha installs first AC AC traction control system (MEC628) designed for Electric locomotives
- Medha produces first propulsion and vehicle control system for Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) (MDE648)
- Development of Hotel Load converter (MIN504) for AC AC traction diesel locomotives
- Medha produces 2000th Microprocessor based Locomotive Control System (MEP660)
- Medha installs 100th 180kVA Static Converter (MIN184)
- Medha fits Locomotive Remote Monitoring System on 500th Locomotive
- Medha exports its Microprocessor based Locomotive Control System to Malaysia
- Medha exports its Microcontroller based Governor to Brazil
- First Export loco from DLW (Indian Railways) fitted with MEP660 and MEG601 to Srilanka
- Medha installs 500th Under Slung 25kVA Inverter (MIN253)
- Medha produces 500th Control and fault diagnostics system for Electric Locomotives (MCS657)
- Medha fits 100th AC AC traction control system (MAS696) designed for HHP locomotives
- Medha exports its Microprocessor based Locomotive Control System to Iran
- Medha exports its Microcontroller based Governor to Indonesia
- Commissioned Electronic Interlocking System (MEI633) in first station (HARIPPAD)
- Medha fits Locomotive Remote Monitoring System on 100th Locomotive
- Medha produces first AC AC traction control system designed for HHP diesel locomotives for dual cab locomotive
- Medha celebrates its Silver Jubilee
- Medha produces 1000th Microcontroller based Governor for Indian Railways
- Medha produces 1000th Microprocessor based Locomotive Control system for Indian Railways
- Medha exports its Microcontroller based Governor to Mozambique
- Medha exports its Microprocessor based Locomotive Control System to Mozambique
- Medha's sales revenue crosses INR 100 crores (US$ 25 million)
- Development of India's first and only indigenous 3MW Traction Converter (MAS696 AC-AC Traction System) and installed on EMD design locomotive of Indian Railways (WDG4)
- Development of Electronic Interlocking System (MEI633) for Signalling application in Indian Railways is completed after 4 years of rigorous development in this safety system
- Medha is awarded CMMI Level 3 certification for its design processes
- Medha's employee strength crosses 250 for R&D Centre and 1000 for total company
- Medha produces 5000th Speed Recorder
- Medha establishes 'Medha Charitable Trust' to support underprivileged students. Medha promises to support Charitable Educational Trust with its annual profits every year Medha Charitable Trust helps over 15,000 students with books in the first year
- Medha starts a housing scheme to allot houses to Manufacturing Unit employees based on seniority and to R&D Centre employees based on performance
- Development of 180 kVA Static Converter (MIN184) for electric locomotives
- Medha establishes a new R&D Centre in Cherlapalli, Hyderabad, India
- Development of Under Slung 25 kVA Inverter (MIN253) for air conditioned coaches
- Development of India's first and only Microprocessor Based Locomotive Control System (MEP660) for diesel electric locomotives in a record time of 4 months from conception to field trials
- Development of Microprocessor Based Control and Fault Diagnostic System (MCS654) for electric locomotives of Indian Railways
- Development of India's first and only indigenous Microcontroller Based Governor (MEG601) for diesel engines used in diesel electric locomotives of Indian Railways
- Developed MRT918 Speed, Time and Distance Recorder
- Developed MRT921 Speed, Time, Distance and Energy Recorder
- Medha is awarded ISO 9001 and Q9001:2000 certification by American Quality Assessors
- Medha establishes a new manufacturing unit built on 8.5 acres of industrial area at Ghatkesar, Hyderabad, India
- Development of MRT 912, a digital Speed, Time and Distance Recorder for diesel and electric locomotives of Indian Railways. This is the first Microprocessor based system on Indian locomotives.
- Development of Stepper Motor
- Medha establishes a new corporate office in the industrial hub of Nacharam, Hyderabad, India
- Founded Medha Servo Drives Pvt. Ltd.
- Medha's first product development, a Servo Motor