Medha offers Multi-engine locomotive for freight & goods application.
Multi-engine locomotive has an inbuilt concept of activating/ deactivating the engines dynamically with respect to load demand and it gives the best possible options in reducing both fuel consumption and exhaust emissions..
Medha's Mult- engine locomotive comes with center CAB for two GenSet configuration.
All auxiliaries are electrically driven and which gives more flexibility in equipment layout as well as giving best possible options in saving the fuel consumption and for extracting more traction power from Gross HP. As transfer work required high tractive effort but not much speed, Medha has designed transfer locomotive consists of two engines with required horsepower and chopper & traction motor configuration for high tractive effort, on an elongated locomotive frame, and with four driving axles.
- MMG control system is more accurate and reliable because parameters are set in digital mode
- User-programmable settings (through laptop) allow easy customization to work with various makes and models of locomotives, with different combinations of traction equipment for varying capacities
- TFT LCD type display with graphical user interface
- Various auto and manual test modes, including load box, auto test for relays, manual test of inputs and outputs, excitation test, chopper Test, radiator fan tests are available
- Extensive fault diagnostics and tolerance features with fault data pack recording for several seconds during fault occurrence. Fault data log can be downloaded to a laptop or USB pen drive
- In-built Event Recorder capability to store event based data for accident or specific event analysis