Railways world-over can increase throughput by running longer freight trains which require more motive power. More locomotives when bunched together cause unacceptably high coupler forces. This situation can be overcome by distributing locomotives throughout the consist of the train, which will require a means of synchronizing actions on all locomotives based on driver inputs in the lead locomotive.
Medha's Distributed Power Control (DPC) system, when installed can provide real-time communication between lead and remote locomotives through wireless data radio to synchronize all locomotives in the train. Additional benefits are achieved by applying brakes simultaneously from all locomotives, reducing the braking distances.
- Longer trains with increased hauling capacities
- Reduced coupler forces - lesser fatigue failures
- Reduced crew requirements
- Faster synchronized braking-reduced stopping distances
- Wireless radio control - reduces clumsy wire connections
- Safe handling of radio communication failures
- Suitable for AC and / or DC traction, Electric or Diesel locomotives